Blue dragon, new danger for swimmers. Don’t touch it: it’s toxic

Blue dragon: several specimens have been spotted on the beaches. So small, but very dangerous indeed. Don’t touch it: it’s toxic. The details.

The Blue Dragon (Photo from Instagram)

Its scientific name is Glaucus atlanticus and it belongs to the Glaucidae family. It is a very poisonous mollusk known as Blue Dragon. On the surface it may seem harmless and conquers with its bright color, but you should not be fooled.

It owes this name, of course, to the beautiful blue of its body, but in the jargon it is also identified with the blue sea snail. He doesn’t know much about his behavior, but what is certain is that he is becoming a serious problem for swimmers.

Blue Dragon, at first glance, may seem harmless, but it is not. Watch out for his poison

As we just mentioned, these small molluscs known as the Blue Dragon are multiplying on beaches all over the world. It may seem nice to caress, but it’s totally forbidden. Never do it.

Blue dragon (Photo from Instagram)

It usually spends its life in the open sea, but several have been spotted on some Australian beaches in recent weeks. What do we know about this little animal? It has an enchanting color that ranges from gray to blue.

As we said, it has an extremely small shape that extends from 3 to 5 cm. You wonder how it can be so dangerous then? Feeding mainly on jellyfish, its serrated appendages are full of poison extremely dangerous for humans.

Many videos received in which the curious approach to touch them and keep them in their hands. Nothing more wrong. Their poison immediately passes into the circulation and the only useful remedy is to immerse the affected part in hot water. At least 50°. Toxins are deactivated by heat.

READ ALSO -> Postage stamps, an insane figure for a single copy: it is dated more than a century ago

READ ALSO -> Weather, new worrying scenario on the peninsula: the wait is for the next few days

Only in this way will it be possible to thwart its spread. Its sting is reminiscent of that of the famous Portuguese caravel jellyfish. The area tends to redden and burn. Some episodes of anaphylactic shock are also recorded. It is good to keep a safe distance.

Related Articles

Back to top button